Samuel Gerardo joins SLPE as Plant Manager, Mexicali
SL Power Electronics is pleased to announce that Samuel Gerardo will be joining SL Power Electronics Corp. as Plant Manager, Mexicali effective July 24, 2017. Samuel will be based at our Mexicali plant, and will report directly the president, Tim Croal.
Samuel brings 20+ years of plant and operations management experience in Mexico for global organizations including Honeywell Automotive, Invensys Controls, Ingersoll Rand, Daikin Manufacturing, Jonathan Manufacturing and, most recently, Heil Trailer International. At Heil Trailer International, Samuel was responsible for:
- Improving Safety, EBITDA, On-Time-Delivery and Quality.
- Implementing a Continuous Improvement System through value stream map analysis.
- Increasing Capacity.
- Introducing new product lines including transfer from the US to Mexico.
Samuel is a certified Six Sigma Black Belt and Lean Enterprise Expert, and is licensed in Shingijutsu Gemba Kaizen. Samuel holds a Bachelor degree in Electro-Mechanical Engineering, with an Electronics emphasis, from the Universidad Autonoma de Baja California in Mexicali, Mexico.
Samuel will partner with the SLPE Leadership and Mexicali Staff teams to achieve the following over the strategic planning horizon:
- Sustain Zero Lost Time / Recordable Injuries.
- Improve Quality.
- Achieve Monthly Sales, Reduce Lead Time and Improve On-Time Delivery.
- Reduce Direct & Indirect Material and Manufacturing Cost.
- Increase Inventory Turns.
- Improve Gate 3 (New Product Industrialization) On-Time Delivery.
- Build a High-Performance Culture.